Gaming has transformed over the years becoming one of the most profitable and creative industries globally. On this course you will explore animation, 3D modelling and 3D environments, while looking at techniques, sound, design and graphics.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of the gaming industry and how games work from an initial idea all the way through to the launch.
The Digital Technology and Multimedia department is home to dedicated editing and creative suites, state of the art TV studio and professional recording, film and photography equipment. You will have access to these areas to improve your practical skills and will be able get involved in enrichment such as Ashton TV. As a Video Games students you will have also access to software such as Autodesk Maya - animation, modelling, simulation and rendering software.
- Editing suites
- Dedicated TV and Film Studio
- Access to state of the art equipment
- Work placement opportunities
- Highly skilled teaching staff bringing creative industry experience
- BFI workshops and residential
- Enrichment, trips and visits including Ashton TV, annual trip to New York, Home cinema, Coronation Street studios, Harry Potter studios
- The Georges: Awards ceremony showcasing work and skills to professionals
- Ashton Talks: Visiting Speakers from industry including the BBC, Picture Lock Productions, producer Rony Ghosh and Graphic Motion Designer Michael Pettyt
This course provides you with the opportunity to progress on to Higher Education, employment or further training. Our students have progressed to:
Product Design at Manchester Metropolitan University
Visual Effects and Model Making at The Northern School of Art
Digital Media and Communications at Manchester Metropolitan University
Art Foundation Degree at Ashton Sixth Form College
Illustration & Graphics Design Foundation Degree at Stockport College
Games Design at the University of Central Lancashire
Computer Games Design at Staffordshire University