Enrolment for students joining Ashton Sixth Form College is by appointment only and takes place over three days on:
- Thursday 24th August
- Friday 25th August
- Tuesday 29th August
Enrolment is the process that happens when we officially sign you up as a student of Ashton Sixth Form College.
What happens at enrolment?
Enrolment is when you officially join as an Ashton Sixth Form College student. There are a number of stages to your appointment including meeting your enroller, confirming you meet the entry requirements, a conversation about your course choices and having your photo taken for your college ID membership card.
I have not received my enrolment appointment. What shall I do?
All applicants with an offer of a place were sent their enrolment appointment by post several weeks ago. If you can not find any information about your enrolment appointment please contact the Admissions Team firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to check this for you.
Where does enrolment take place?
Enrolment takes place at the college. We operate a one way system and so you will need to arrive at our Montague Road entrance. Parking is available via Montague Road but is limited and so we cannot guarantee parking on campus. Once you have arrived on campus you need to make your way to our enrolment entrance which is at the side of our Sports Hall. We will have guides to help direct you. Once you have finished enrolling you will exit the college via our Arundel St exit.
What do I need to bring with me?
At enrolment you will need to bring
- Your GCSE Results that your school have provided you with. You should also bring a copy of your results for the college to keep on your file. We will not be able to enrol you if you do not bring evidence of your GCSE results
- ID such as a National Insurance Card, passport or birth certificate
- The enrolment letter we sent you so that we can easily register you on arrival
Can a parent/carer attend enrolment with me?
Most students choose to attend enrolment on their own but should a family member wish to accompany you that is fine. We would request that this is limited to 1 person so that we can manage the number of people we have on the college site and avoid overcrowding
What if I can’t make my enrolment appointment?
It is extremely important you attend your enrolment appointment at the time you have been given. If you are unable to attend, please contact email@example.com so that we can make alternative arrangements for you. If we do not hear from you then we will assume that you no longer want a place at the college and your application will be withdrawn.
I have received my results and I now want/need to make a course change. What shall I do?
Unfortunately, our deadline has passed for you to make a guaranteed course change and so you will need to wait until your enrolment appointment. Please do not be worrying, there will be plenty of support and people you can speak to at enrolment about which courses are going to be right for you. Please be aware however that course changes are not guaranteed and will be dependent on availability.
How do I find out about extra support, such as Inclusive Learning or the college Bursary?
At enrolment, people from various support areas will be available to answer any questions. You can find out about financial support at www.asfc.ac.uk/bursary where you can also download, print and complete the application. You can also find out more about the college bursary scheme which supports students from low income families.
How long does enrolment take?
If you meet the entry requirements and there are no changes, the process can be short and should last no longer than 30 minutes or so. However, the whole process could take longer depending on how much advice and support you may need. It is important that we do not rush your enrolment.
Will I get work to do before my lessons start?
At enrolment, your teachers will inform you of your initial assignments. These are important pieces of work that you should bring with you to your first lesson. We want you to feel prepared to begin your college-level study and also understand more about your course in advance of starting. You can view the full list of Initial Assignments here
When will I get my timetable?
Your timetable will be available for you to access via Cedar, our online student portal, at your Student Welcome Day. At the welcome day we will show you how to access Cedar and talk you through how our timetable works.
Do I need to buy anything ready for starting college?
You will need to bring with you any supplies that will ensure you are ready to learn (pens, paper etc.). If your course requires specific books, kit or equipment this will be communicated to you at your student welcome day. You will have plenty of time to get this before classes start.
Is there a dress code or uniform at college?
You don’t have to wear a uniform, you are able to wear your own clothes. There isn’t a dress code but please make sure your outfit is appropriate for education.
The Enrolment process
- Our enrolment entrance is via Montague Road, where you will be directed to register at our Sports Hall. Throughout the whole process you will be guided by our team who will direct you through the stages.
- After registering, you will meet with our enrollers who will check your GCSE results, go through the college entry requirements and answer any questions you may have.
- If you need to, our team of Senior Advisers will be on hand to talk through your options, alongside our experienced Careers Team. You may also speak to our Inclusive Learning Team if you need to.
- You will then have the opportunity to speak with teaching staff for the subjects/course that you have just enrolled on to. They will be able to answer any questions you may have and can give you information about what to expect in the first few weeks on their course. They will also tell you about the initial assignment you will need to complete before you start lessons.
- Next, you will have your photo taken for your college ID card which then completes your enrolment process!
- You will then exit via Arundel Street. The enrolment process from start to finish should last around 30 minutes or so. This could be much longer if you require more support and advice so please be patient with us. It is important we get your enrolment right.