Ashton Sixth Form College is passionate about preparing our young people to excel in the world of work and are committed to developing the talent pipeline for businesses within the local area. We work with a large range of businesses across all employment sectors to bring industry professionals and sector insights into the college to ensure that we are creating the talented employees that our local economy needs.
Why do we do this?
Nationally, young people need more support to gain the skills employers need
- Nearly a quarter of 17-23 year-old feel their education could better prepare them for work
- 44% of employers believe young people need better business and leadership skills.
- 47% of teaching staff are hoping for more opportunities for students to develop their employability
Employers across the UK say that they need a talent pipeline that is ready and qualified to enter the workforce
- 63% of UK organisations are currently experiencing a skills shortage
- 68% of employers found that they were unable to find candidates who were suitable for vacant roles
- A quarter left a role open due to a lack of suitable candidates
Together, we can build a better future workforce
Why work with us?
Benefits of employers working with the college
- Opportunity to develop the future workforce and spot potential talent
- Raise the profile of opportunities within your sector
- Support your local community
- Network with other businesses and services
- Collaborate to work on a project, solve a problem or complete a task
- Contribute to your Corporate Social Responsibility/Social Value policy
- Raise the profile of the business and the work that you do
- Develop your staff by mentoring and coaching students
To speak to a member of the team and to find out more about how we can work together, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"We were very impressed by the students we encountered... we hope to continue to work in partnership with the College…"
- Alastair Ronaldson New, Ross Care
The Ashton Approach