During your time at Ashton Sixth Form College, we want to encourage you to think about you life beyond college and inspire you to aim high.
Our Realising Aspirations programmes are open to all students and aim to introduce you to what it is like to study a particular subject at university through a programme of taster lectures and seminars delivered by university academics. You will explore the subject in greater depth, experience learning in a university environment, find out more about higher education courses, and strengthen your university applications. Each programme is linked to at least one leading university and you will have the opportunity to visit that university during the programme. All programmes are free, including transport.
Programmes offered in previous years include:
- English Language, Literature and American Studies
- Classics, Ancient History and Archaeology
- Social Sciences
- History of Art
- Creative Digital Arts
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics
Raising Aspirations Art History - University of Leeds Study Day
Year 10 Realising Aspirations Programme
The Ashton Sixth Form College Realising Aspirations programme introduces local Year 10 students to a particular area of Level 3 study. The programme aims to give students a unique insight into further education, whilst also introducing them to ideas of higher education and professional employment. Our Realising Aspirations work is supported by Pembroke College, Oxford.
We offer programmes organised around seven subject clusters: Humanities; Social Sciences; ICT and Computing; Science and Maths; Business, Economics and Finance; Creative Digital Arts; and Art and Design. There are 3 places available per subject per school. The programme includes:
- Launch event and introductory talk at Ashton Sixth Form College
- Library and study skills research session in our Learning Resources Centre
- Four academic sessions led by college teaching staff
- Academic assignment set and marked by college teaching staff
- Information, Advice & Guidance Evening to include sessions on progression/pathways, higher education, and employment
- Awards Evening