Exploring New York City 2019
Performing Arts, Art and Design and Digital Technologies and Media Trip to New York
New York, New York! So good they named it twice!
30 students and 3 staff from the Performing Arts, Art and Design and Digital Technologies and Media departments were fortunate enough to spend a wonderful 5 days in the spectacular city of New York this February. It was the chance of a lifetime to see one of the world’s truly great cities.
“We all had a wonderful time and hopefully the students had an experience they will remember for the rest of their lives. We managed to pack a huge amount into our itinerary.”
• Going to the top of the Empire State Building
• Going to see Wicked on Broadway
• Visiting Grand Central Station
• Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge
• Walking around Central Park
• Touring Radio City
• Visiting the 9/11 Memorial and museum
• Shopping in Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s and on 5th Avenue
• Visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Visiting Time Square
• Travelling on the subway
Sheridan Lewis (Assistant Principal), Sarah Wilkinson (Fine Art Teacher) and Chris Evans (Drama teacher) took the students to the USA and said,
“We were extremely proud of our students who were an absolute credit to us, the college and their families throughout the trip. We received numerous glowing compliments about the students from staff in the hotel, the Air Hostesses, the professionals who ran the trips and tours and members of the general public, all of whom remarked on our students’ excellent behaviour, attitude and manners.”
Some of Ashton Sixth Form College’s students comments included:
• “I had the time of my life.”
• “It was an unbelievable experience.”
• “It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, I wish I could go back tomorrow.”
Sheridan, Sarah and Chris would like to thank all the students for their wonderful enthusiasm, impeccable behaviour and pleasant company on the trip.