This is a short course, ideal if you undertake some teaching or training within your work, voluntary or community role, if you want to improve your training and teaching skills or if you are considering a full teacher training course and would like an introduction.
The course will allow you to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate teaching and learning sessions within your area of expertise such as your work role or subject area.
You are not required to be in a teaching role or to obtain formal teaching practice as part of this course. You will participate in ‘micro-teaching’ within the course group.
This award is made up of 3 units:
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
Assessment is mainly course work with the production of a portfolio plus microteaching. If you are in a teaching or training role you can be observed in your work role or in class observation if you prefer.
In addition to the teaching and learning activities and support in the course sessions, you will be expected to engage with online learning activities. You can obtain additional learning support for any specific learning needs you may have within the college’s Inclusive Learning Team, please discuss your learning needs with a tutor prior to enrolment.
- Ideally you will have a Level 3 qualification in the subject area that you wish to teach or relevant work experience to enable you to teach your chosen subject.
- An ability to read and write at Level 2 or above, this might be reflected by a qualification or via assessment at interview.
This year, we will be doing remote sessions also. To register your interest please call 0161 666 8215, email AdultEd@asfc.ac.uk
Please download our information booklet below for more information.
Course DatesStart date: Tuesday 27th April 2021 Time: 1.00pm - 3.00pm