On the Day of your Exam
Morning Exams begin 9am / Afternoon Exams begin 1.30pm
- You must arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start time for your exam.
- If you are driving to the college, please park in the visitors' car park, situated on Darnton Road.
- Collecting your visitor's badge, sign in at reception (you will need to show photographic ID to sign in).
- Place valuables in designated lockers.
- You will be collected from reception and taken to your exam room.
- You must bring photographic ID into each and every examination. Display ID on your allocated desk.
- Only a current passport, UK Drivers licence or HM Forces ID card are acceptable. Failure to produce any photographic ID for the invigilator to check during the exam forfeits your exam paper. Candidates under the age of 18 and without ID should seek advice from the exams office.
- You must not take into the examination room any materials other than those required for your exam. Unauthorised materials or equipment such as; mobile phone, mp3 player or any other electronic device will result in disqualification.
- Please note that this list is not exhaustive, an invigilator has the authority to remove any items that may pose a risk to the integrity of the exam from your possession.
- Only items allowed under regulations are allowed into the exam room.
- Bags and coats are NOT allowed. Bags/coats may be left in a designated place which is locked during the exam. However, all items are left at the owner’s risk. It is NOT advisable to leave high value items. The college cannot be responsible for such items being lost or stolen.
Items you are required to bring
- Pre-release materials, if required to do so by the awarding body - please check your specification (Clean copies will be supplied by the exams office if this is a requirement of the awarding body).
- You may bring a transparent pencil case and water in a clear sports cap bottle, with all labels removed.
- You MUST bring two BLACK pens – other ink colours are not permitted.
- Any other equipment you may need, for example a calculator, pencil or rubber. Equipment will not be provided by the college.