Be Part of History
Ashton Sixth Form College has proudly been providing the highest quality academic and vocational education in the area for over 34 years. The College, with roots back to Ashton Grammar School, has seen over 50,000 young people progress over a history that spans 140 years. We are very proud of our students’ achievements and we have a strong ethos of ambition and aspiration which runs through all aspects of college life. We invest in our students to give them best possible progression opportunities on to Higher Education, Higher Apprenticeships or in to employment.
As a specialist sixth form college, our teaching is innovative and aimed at the 16-19 year group. We have very high expectations of our students and ourselves. Our last Ofsted inspection commented that ‘Staff and students embrace the strong focus on ambition and aspirations’.
The curriculum offer is varied and relevant for both academic and vocational students. This means that we can tailor study programmes to suit each individual student. The College also caters for around 1000 part-time adult students per year on courses from Level 1 to Higher Education. Part-time courses for adults are run on site from late afternoon or in the evenings or at community venues and out at employer premises during the day.
Come join in our success:
• Ashton Sixth Form College is the college of choice for over 2000 young people.
• We are in the top 10% of colleges nationally for student progress
• The number of students achieving top grades continues to increase year on year
• We have a rich heritage stretching back to 1862 and a long history of quality teaching
• A Level achievement is well above the national average. A huge 75% of all A Levels taken this year were graded A*-C
• We have been recognised as the Outstanding College of the Year for vocational provision in the UK
• Vocational results are stunning – all courses consistently achieve a 100% pass rate
• We offer a quality programme of courses – academic and vocational – which are relevant and tailored to each individual student to allow them to progress successfully from college
• We offer a unique programme of support and opportunities for students outside of the classroom. The investment we make in developing the ‘whole’ person gives our students the edge when moving on
• Our partnership with Oxford University via the Pembroke North Scheme gives all of our students a unique opportunity to take part in raising aspirations programmes that prepare them for university
• Our award winning facilities provide our students with state of the art equipment and resources to use as part of their college experience. The college campus is welcoming and secure